- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour ( I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini, I used the smallest side of my grater b/c I like it small. ( I did not really measure this. I used 1 med zuch.)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Place grated zucchini in a strainer and drain as much liquid off as you can. Set aside.
Cream together butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Blend well. In a separate bowl, mixdry ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients into the butter mixture well. Add grated zucchini, and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop into muffin pan lined with paper liners or greased well. Bake at 325 degrees F oven for 18-20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.
*I made these last year and they were so rich and moist that I made them again this year. **WARNING: They are more like a dessert than a muffin.