Monday, November 8, 2010

Green Smoothie

1 ripe pear, quartered but leave skin on
1 banana, cut in thirds
1/2 can pineapple chunks + juice
6-8 oz. vanilla or lemon yogurt (we tried it both ways)
Ground flax seeds (probably about 2-3 T.)
Chopped spinach, as much as would fit in my blender
Ice cubes


I actually used more than the 1/2 can of the pineapples the first time, so it was less than 1/2 the second time and it seemed really thick (well, it was really thick both times, but it seemed too thick the second time), so I added some milk too. I have no idea how much.

I blended the fruit, yogurt, and flax seeds first and then added the spinach a little at a time. I don't know if it was just my blender, but I had to kind of push it down with a spoon to get it to chop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment