Monday, November 8, 2010

Garlic & Mushroom Mashed Potatoes

6-8 potatoes (I can't remember how many I used. It was whatever was leftover from the prior night's dinner of baked potatoes)
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
Butter (can't remember)
Light sour cream (however much I had left in the fridge. Maybe 1/2 cup? But I would've used more if I had it)
Milk (no idea how much)
White wine (maybe 1/2 cup?)
2 cloves garlic, minced (again, all I had. I totally would have at least doubled this. But I LOVE garlic.)
Rosemary (no idea how much)


Cook the potatoes, leaving the skins on. Mine were already baked, but you can boil them or microwave them as well.
Saute the mushrooms and garlic in some butter (I think I used 1 or 2 T.) in a skillet. After they're mostly ready, add in white wine and turn the heat way down. Let it simmer so you cook out all the alcohol. While that is simmering and smelling yummy...
Mash the potatoes (I use my hand mixer), add sour cream, butter, milk, whatever you like to make your mashed potatoes creamy. Just remember, they will be getting a little more liquid from the wine. Oh, and salt and pepper to taste.
Then add the mushroom mixture and a goodly amount of rosemary. Stir it all together. DO NOT prepare gravy. That would ruin it.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these. Sorry about the lack of amounts. That's just sort of the way I cook. But you can do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment