Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crockpot Roast

So a celebrity visited our Relief Society meeting this past Wednesday- the Food Nanny!  I think she and Mom could be best friends.  If you haven't heard from her, just check her out on byutv.  She's awesome!

Wes and I were watching one of her shows and she taught a Daddy this yummy crockpot recipe, so I just had to try it out.  It was DELICIOUS.  The best crockpot roast and potatoes and carrots I've ever had.  Honest.

Sauce:

1/3 c. brown sugar
1 T soy sauce
1 T worchestershire sauce
3 T cider vinegar
1 c. beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg onion soup mix

Pour over potatoes, carrots, onions, and roast (cross-rib was on sale so we had that but I don't really think it matters what you use) and cook for 4-6 hours.  The sauce makes a super yum gravy too.  It's divine.

You've GOTTA try this one!

2 comments:

  1. My m-i-l gave me "The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner". We've tried many of the recipes and love them! I highly recommend her.

    ReplyDelete