Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Apricot Lemonade

So... I have a really awesome friend (she was my birth class instructor) and she has a really awesome food  blog.  I really recommend it. 

It has a simply scrumptious recipe for Apricot Lemonade.  I am drinking it right now and I just might die of happiness.  Yum.


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups Sugar
1 cup Water
5 cups Water and Ice Cubes
1 1/2 cups Lemon Juice (~ 6-8 Lemons)
20 whole Apricots

Directions:
Boil sugar in 1 cup of water until dissolved.
Add syrup to the ice/water mixture to cool and stir to mix.
Juice lemons.
Halve and pit apricots.
Add 1/half of the syrup mixture, ½ of the lemon juice, and ½ of the apricot halves, and about 6-8 ice cubes to the blender. Blend on high until a smooth consistency. Mix the other halves of the ingredients with some more ice cubes for the second batch.
Makes two 8 cup batches; 16 cups total.

Note: Wes and I quartered the recipe and it barely all fit in our blender... but maybe we have a small one?

No comments:

Post a Comment